Being time poor at Christmas is a given so I’m all about quick meals with maximum impact for minimum effort. Meet my Christmas salad.
During a trip to Cyprus in 2017, I fell in love with pomegranates. They are little bursts of flavour that absolutely bring a little Christmas sparkle. So, I have combined all of my favourite ingredients and present o you my Christmas salad. I hope you love it as much as I do.
This salad is gluten free but if you wanted to make it diary free, simply substitute the cheese with dairy free fetta – all now very widely available at most supermarkets. We love the Bio-Cheese brand.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!
A Christmas Salad: Pomegranate, Blue Cheese and Pear
- 3 cups leafy salad green mix
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- ¼ cup cranberry vinaigrette
- 1 pear sliced, I used Beurre Bosc
The Cranberry Viniagrette
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cranberry juice
- 1 tbsp chopped dried cranberries
- ⅓ tsp Bitters, I used Angostura Bitters
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Make the viniagrette. In a small jar, add the ingredients and shake until mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble salad ingredients on a plate. Drizzle over the viniagrette.