These little babies evolved out of a need to use up a bottle of orange blossom water I bought on a tangent at a particularly enticing deli earlier this year. Does anyone else get on a roll and buy exotic food items? I think it must be a sensory overload…
They are moist, only take 2 bites to devour and not too sweet. Oh, and of course gluten and dairy free!
I’ll be making a batch for our Father’s Day afternoon tea this weekend – a special request from my lovely dad!!
Orange Blossom Mini Cakes
- 120 g softened Nuttelex, or butter if not dairy-free
- 140 g gluten free self-raising flour
- 120 g sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut yoghurt, or dairy yoghurt if not dairy-free
- zest 1 mandarin
- 3 tbsp orange blossom water
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 370°F
- Grease 10 holes of a friand or muffin tin. I like to use a cooking spray to make this step faster. I used a friand pan.
- Spoon into the tin and fill till about 3/4 full. Bake for 18-22 mins until golden and risen. Perhaps poke a skewer in the centre of one just to be sure.
- Drizzle with the remaining orange blossom water while warm, then cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve. Add a scoop of ice cream and you have a perfect dinner party dessert!