This potato salad is always a winner and, I guarantee you will NEVER need to throw away the leftovers – in my house any leftovers are gobbled up within a day!
It has evolved over the years to match my family’s dietary needs so this version has no gluten or dairy – and no sugar – just to make you feel better!
I prefer to use Maris Piper potatoes but if they are not available, I simply buy whatever potato is recommended for baking.
You could simply add some grilled chicken and dinner would be done!
Potato Salad: Gluten and Dairy Free
- 1 kg maris piper or desiree potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise – ensure it’s dairy free
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups salad leaves eg spinach leaves or rocket
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 390°F
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash potatoes, cut them in halves and add them to large bowl.
- Add olive oil and salt & pepper and mix with wooden spoon to ensure potatoes are coated evenly with oil and seasoning.
- Place potatoes on baking tray and roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes
- Combine the mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, mint leaves, parsley leaves and chopped green onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for 15 minutes then toss them with the dressing and salad leaves. It may require additional salt & pepper so please check the flavour before serving.