You know that feeling when you are expecting guests and you have nothing to give them and no energy to pop to the supermarket? Well – that feeling need not last long – because this slice can be whipped up in minutes, promise!
It’s gluten and dairy free so everyone can enjoy it. It’s also a perfect way to use up jam that you want to ‘move on’ from your fridge or pantry. It is absolutely NOT sugar free, in fact, it’s packed to the brim with the stuff. But sometimes, that’s exactly what you want!
I used marmalade when I made this photographed version but feel free to use whatever is in your cupboard!
Super Quick Coconut Jam Slice: Gluten and Dairy Free!
- 2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 90 g Nuttelex
- 1 egg
- 1 cup jam or marmalade or choice
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 390°F
- Line a slice tin with baking paper. I used a rectangular tin with dimensions 27.5 cm x 17.5 cm x 3.5 cm
- Add the flour, butter, sugar and 1 egg in a food processor and mix until the mixture forms a ball.
- Place mixture in slice tin and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Spread jam over the base of the slice.
- Mix the coconut, sugar and 3 eggs in a bowl with a fork. Spread lightly over the jam.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned in a 170°C or 340°F
- Let it cool before cutting it! Enjoy!!