These banana muffins can be in the oven in less than 5 minutes! They are always reliable and never fail. And the best part, you can substitute the banana for whatever you have in the fridge. I’ve used blueberries, frozen berries, mango and even some leftover jam over the years and they always taste great!
There’s no problem using a mixer to help you but they are always better when they are hand mixed. Just think about the calories you are burning when you hand mix – means you can definitely have an extra muffin!
As usual, I have designed the recipe to be gluten and dairy free version so everyone can enjoy.
- 2 ½ cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Sugar (or 1/3 cup powdered stevia)
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 300g Mashed Banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 350°F)
- Mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Mix together the milk, oil, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix till just combined. Don’t overmix otherwise the muffins will be tough.
- Add the mashed banana and mix gently.
- Spoon mixture into a 12 1/2 cup muffin tin lined with patty cases.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until cooked.