I developed these pancakes to boost family morale this week. With everyone either working or learning at home while we wait out the Corona pandemic, I find ramping up the comfort food makes everyone smile a little more. And if you have a bunch of very ripe bananas then these will also solve that problem! Enjoy! Alex xx
Gluten Free & Dairy Free Banana Pancakes
- 1 cup Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana (the riper, the better!)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of Salt
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and then mix until combined.
- Add the banana, egg, milk and vanilla extract to a blender and combine until smooth.
- Add the banana mix to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Heat some coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Use 1/4 cup measure to spoon the mixture into the pan. Cook each pancake for about 3 minutes each side.
- Serve with berries, maple syrup and a dollop of coconut yoghurt!
- Delicious – enjoy!!