Alex whipped up this quick and easy vegan, gluten free, sugar free fudgy slice for her podcast interview with good friend and author Mandy Newman- you can listen here. This is the perfect whole food treat to keep in the fridge and dig into when life gets tough. Alex’s fussiest son ate the bulk of this which really is a glowing endorsement! There’s minimal guilt with this one people so what are you waiting for???
Quick and Easy Cacao, Cashew and Cranberry Slice
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Lightly crush the cashews or cut them in half
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and stir until well combined
- Pour into a slice tray or a mini-muffin pan (easier to eat)
- Pop in the fridge for 30 mins
- Note: this slice needs to be stored in the fridge. It is not suitable for travel.