This quinoa salad is inspired by my viewing of the Netflix documentary ‘The Game Changers’. So wowed was I after watching the documentary that I soon found myself in the kitchen trying to formulate something that I thought my tribe would love.
If I’m being honest, 4 out of my 5 boys (that includes my husband) love this. There is one a little more reluctant than the others to partake in such meals – he’s a work in progress – no names of course!!
So, here it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do – it has a refreshing, tabouleh vibe. Enjoy! Alex x
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium capsicum
- 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, from 2-3 lemons
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- Cook the rinsed quinoa following packet instructions. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before proceeding.
- Combine the chickpeas, cucumber, capsicum, onion and parsley in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt in a small bowl. Whisk until blended, then set aside.
- When the quinoa is mostly cool, add it to the serving bowl. Add the dressing and toss through until it is thoroughly combined. Season with black pepper, to taste, and add an extra pinch of salt if necessary. Let the salad rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving to maximise the flavour.
- This salad keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 34 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!!