If you need to pump out a lunchbox treat or afternoon tea offering in a flash then here’s your answer. I use my Thermomix to make these but any food processor would work just fine. And don’t forget you can substitute ingredients if your pantry is a little bare! No dates? Don’t despair – use sultanas! Cacao powder gone? Just use cocoa! I try to keep some in the freezer for those times I need a little boost! Sounds familiar? Enjoy!
- 110g raw almonds
- 110g pitted dates – I used sultanas the last time I made this but just add a squirt of honey
- 45g coconut oil
- 35g desiccated coconut
- 30g cacao powder – I used cocoa powder last time, worked really well!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place almonds into the Thermomix or food processor. For Thermomix users, choose speed 9 for 20 seconds. If you have a food processor, start with 20 seconds and review – you may need more time subject to the power of your motor.
- Place all other ingredients together in Thermomix bowl or food processor for another 20 seconds
- Roll into bite sized balls and cover in desiccated coconut
- Pop in fridge