If you need a recipe for a chocolate cake that can solve a variety of issues, then I have your back! This recipe involves no fancy ingredients and can be in the oven in less than 5 minutes if you go hard!
I’ve also used it to make cupcakes for school parties, an emergency dessert when my Plan A failed miserably, and just to generally keep morale high at home.
As my boys all have allergies, I always make it gluten and dairy free and our non-allergy friends can never tell!!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.
The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe Ever!!
Ingredients – Cake
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour (I use gluten free)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp bi- carb soda (ensure it’s gluten free)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk – any sort (I use almond milk)
- 100g melted butter or dairy free margarine (I use Nuttelex)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Ingredients – Icing
- 1 rough tablespoon butter or dairy free margarine (I use Nuttelex)
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- A dash of hot water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix
- Pour into cake pan, I used a round one sprayed with cooking oil spray
- Cook for 45 – 50 minutes
- Cool cake in tin
- Turn out to ice
- Sift dry icing ingredients and then add the hot water and butter/dairy free margarine. Mix
- Ice cake